The catalogue is now online at www.thomsonroddick.com where lots 101 to 123 comprise an extensive and interesting collection of surplus chess periodicals, mid 19th century to recent, from the library of the club!
The magazines on offer include:
- Bound volumes of early rare magazines such as Volume 1 of the Chess Chronicle (published in 1841), which became the first successful English-language chess magazine, and a bound copy of Volume 1 of The Chess Monthly (published in 1879-80);
- Many other bound volumes and single issues of old magazines such as The Chess Amateur, Chess Pie, The Chess Monthly: “Suum Cuique”, Chess Chronicle, The Chess Monthly
- Many bound and unbound volumes of long running publications such as Chess (Sutton Coldfield), British Chess Magazine, both Scottish Chess and its predecessor the Scottish Chess Bulletin;
- Some foreign language magazines such as Shakhmatnyi Bulleten;
- Recent unbound volumes and single issues of modern magazines such as King Pin and New In Chess;
- And last, but not least, a bundle of Edinburgh Chess Club’s own magazine Capital (Capatal) Chess!